Create a dinosaur battle painting
In this project we'll be going back to a time when dinosaurs ruled the earth. Let's learn how to draw a Tyrannosaurus battling a Triceratops and then paint the scene with vibrant colours.
Drawing a T Rex
Step 1: Drawing the Body Draw a wavy line to create the underside of the Tyrannosaurus, then draw another curved line, connecting with the end and middle of the other line.
Step 2: Drawing the Legs Draw the top half of the body now with another curving line. Leave a space for the head. Add the legs by drawing the joints and then fleshing the leg muscle out.
Step 3: Drawing the Arms Use the same technique as the legs to draw the arms.
Step 4: Drawing the Head and Detail Adding the head is very simple, just draw in an eye and a nostril and finally a mouth with some triangular teeth. For extra detail you can add some shadows and some patterns on the Tyrannosaurus.
Drawing a Triceratops
Step 1: Drawing the Body Draw an oval shape for the body.
Step 2: Drawing the Legs Drawing the legs can be tricky, to make it easier brake the legs down to joints, using circles. Use lines to join the circles together. Then, fill out the legs and draw in some claws where you have drawn the bottom circles.
Step 3: Drawing the Tail and Head Draw in the head and tail, remembering the three horns and the large bony frill at the back of its head.
Step 4: Drawing the Details Block in details such as eyes, spots and a shadow. You might also like to create some interesting skin textures and highlights.
Step 5: Painting the Dinosaurs No one really knows what colours Dinosaurs were so you can paint them what ever colour you like . I have chosen Sap Green for the Tyrannosaurus and Yellow Ochre for the Triceratops. Paint the teeth and horns White. Once you are finished, try drawing some other dinosaurs with the same technique and until next time.
Painting the background
Step 1: Drawing With a Pencil, draw in a horizon line, just below the middle of the Canvas. Then from the horizon line, draw a Volcano by creating two curved lines leading to a crater.
Step 2: Painting the background paint in the sky with Mauve, use a brush from the Acrylic Brush Set. Leave the smoke free of paint. Paint the volcano with the Orange. At the bottom of the painting, water down the Orange to create a lighter area. This will be the foreground where the dinosaurs will stand.
Step 3: Painting the smoke and meteorite mix a Grey from 1 part Black and 1 part White and paint the smoke. Then paint a black circle in the sky, paint Bright Red flames over the top and finally, smear white behind it to create a meteorite tail.
- CSST6075 Single Thick Canvas Signature 60 x 75cm (23.6 x 29.5in)
- PMSS0001 Satin Acrylic Primary Set 6 x 75ml (2.5 US fl.oz)
- BMHS0001 Acrylic Brush Set Premium 7pc
- MMPM0054 Dual Tip Fabric Markers Signature 12pc
- MPN0026 Drawing Set Signature 8pc
- PMSA7506 Satin Acrylic Paint Premium 75ml (2.5 US fl.oz) Tube - Orange
- PMSA7513 Satin Acrylic Paint Premium 75ml (2.5 US fl.oz) Tube - Purple
- PMSA7501 Satin Acrylic Paint Premium 75ml (2.5 US fl.oz) Tube - Titanium White
- PMSA7530 Satin Acrylic Paint Premium 75ml (2.5 US fl.oz) Tube - Lamp Black
- PMSA7508 Satin Acrylic Paint Premium 75ml (2.5 US fl.oz) Tube - Brilliant Red
- PMSA7509 Satin Acrylic Paint Premium 75ml (2.5 US fl.oz) Tube - Scarlet
- PMSA7523 Satin Acrylic Paint Premium 75ml (2.5 US fl.oz) Tube - Medium Green
- PMSA7525 Satin Acrylic Paint Premium 75ml (2.5 US fl.oz) Tube - Yellow Ochre